Monday, November 8, 2010

Thing # 11

Let's see... I checked out Flickr colr pickr. I found some kool purple pics, but I don't know how a library might use this tool.

Tried Spell with Flickr: its kinda fun to play with. I can see the library using it for fun lettering on flyers or posters or something. One problem: I can't figure out how to save the generated image!! : (

Montagr was pretty kool too. I searched for books, and the mosaic was made up of books using the color palette from one photo of books. : ) I suppose this could also be useful in creating some kind of graphic for posters and stuff.

Retrievr: I drew a purple butterfly, and got a bunch of pictures of purple stuff; a couch, a flower, a ring. no butterfly. So I drew a simple purple flower. No flower in results... just purple stuff again... hmmm...and I thought this one was going to be the best gadget thingy...

I actually like the color palette generator. I uploaded a picture of my cat, Ziggy, and it gave me squares of all the colors in the pic! I can use this to paint on my PC! (Which I'm in the process of learning how to do using GIMP. YAY!)


Trading card maker was kinda fun too. I can see the library using this for some kind of activity for the kids or something.

As far as posting pictures goes, I think one should be really careful of what they post because once its out there, there's really no telling who will use it for whatever purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment