Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thing # 9

Google: I've used their maps, calendar & translator before. I have a Google Android phone and the first two are on there as apps. I did not know that Google Docs existed though. I have used similar sites like that one before though to back-up my crummy, slow, ancient, PC. I would recommend using something like this to anyone who does not have a flash drive! (Like myself ) It was interesting to see the new stuff in the works in the Google lab. I also checked out Picasa. I had heard about it before, and I think I may have had their app on my phone too...It's pretty cool if you like editing your pics. I didn't know about Google books either. It seems like a pretty useful tool. Sort of like an e-book reader, only its online and FREE! YAY!  I liked the little similar books section. When I looked up Lucid dreaming (I know-- I'm weird), it showed several books about the same subject. This might be useful in the library with kids doing reports and research projects.

1 comment:

  1. i love lucid dreaming! I have the best success during naps in the middle of the day-- why???
    I really like reading your posts! They are always very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete