Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thing #16

I've used wikipedia a lot.. I also use several other wikis. My favorite is one for the Forgotten Realms, which is a series of books that I like to read. If interested, you can check it out here: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

 They tend to update the pages for this wiki pretty often, since the books are released fairly regularly. They are usually updated or edited by a handful of people, depending on the popularity of the sub-series of the Forgotten Realms series. I don't think this particular wiki would have been much different when it first started, since in was created in 2005.

I guess i can understand why teachers don't allow the use of wikis, since there really is no guarantee that information provided is accurate because anyone can edit it. Not sure how a library might use wikis. Maybe staff could use them though to learn about more current library related stuff...I'm guessing. I really don't know....

No comments:

Post a Comment